Mr. Kurmas also did not mention that the United States is one of three countries that allows about 100 times more outdoor pulsed radiofrequency radiation than most the rest of the world, and that never before in recorded history have over 2 million transmitting public utility meters been installed in Michigan. So we, and other states fitted with electronic public utility meters, are literally functioning as test markets on health effects.
|Image from the Environmental Health Trust|
Mr. Kurmas also did not mention all the people who testified to ill health effects after smart or electronic meter installation, at the 2014 Michigan OversightCommittee Hearing.
Since then, many more Michigan citizens have come forward, testifying to adverse health effects after electronic meter installation, including myself.
As of February of this year, the World Health Organization updated its "Cancer Fact Sheet" page to include non-ionizing radiation as a risk factor under the category "Reducing the Cancer Burden". Electronic "smart" meters emit pulsed non-ionizing radiation continuously.
Traditional analog meters do not expose us to pulsed non-ionizing radiation, a possible human carcinogen.
And, in 2016,
Canada's auditor-general stated there are "few benefits for the hefty cost" of smart meters.
In his 14 years of being with the Fire Department, Fire Chief Duane Roddy of Oscoda Township, had never himself witnessed a traditional analog meter fire. Yet, as he testified in front of you (Michigan's Energy Policy Committee) on February 21st, within 36 hours of installation, the smart meter on his cabin "arced" and almost caught his cabin on fire.
Was that a blessing of disclosure in disguise?
- Written Comments on HB 4220 by Steve Kurmas, Vice Chairman of DTE Energy
- About the FCC
- Isn't the FCC protecting us?
- International EMF Scientist Appeal to the World Health Organization
- Michigan Oversight Committee Hearing December 2014 Part 1
- Michigan Oversight Committee Hearing December 2014 Part 2
- Professor Daniel Hirsch Abstract on Smart Meter Health Impacts
- Article: Government warned of smart meter security threat back in 2012
- Article: Smart Meters Pose Security Risks to Consumers, Utilities
- Article: Hydro One pulling plug on 36,000 rural smart meters after years of complaints
- Canada's auditor says "few benefits" from US $1.7bn rollout