From EMF Safety Network:
The stated purpose of the V2V (vehicle to vehicle) is to improve driving safety by warning drivers of imminent crash risks in time to avoid them and pave the way for self-driving cars.V2V is like a smart meter in your car! The antenna is omni-directional, allowed to transmit up to approximately 2 watts of power output at 10 Mhz and 5.9 Ghz with a range of
300 meters, or three football fields in length, every 100 milliseconds, or 10 pulses a second. The proximity of the transmitter to the driver and passengers is unknown, but could be inches to a few feet away from people in the car.We strongly oppose mandating V2V in cars and light trucks. All roadway corridors will have significant increases in RFR (radiofrequency radiation) exposure from V2V and supporting infrastructure. V2V poses increased safety hazards to drivers, passengers, people in homes who live along roadways, cyclists, and pedestrians. Increased RFR exposure from V2V threatens nature, trees, birds, bees and other insects. Vulnerable populations such as children, seniors, people with electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS), and people with medical implants are at greater risk of harm. Assertions of RFR harm are based in peer reviewed published science.The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) states they are taking RFR concerns seriously, however they make a couple of important inaccurate statements:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration was taking comments on V2V technology at Regulations.gov until yesterday (April 12, 2017).
- No scientific evidence establishes a causal link between wireless device use and cancer or other illnesses.
- There’s no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure.
- The National Environmental Policy Act does not apply.
- V2V will not have a disproportionate effect on children.
- Consumer education by the Federal Government and vehicle manufacturers may help to alleviate RFR concerns.We believe V2V technology will not make driving safer, but will make driving more harmful to people and the environment, create mobility access barriers, and should be stopped.
So I wrote the following impassioned comment:
V2V technology uses radiofrequency radiation. Show me absolute PROOF that radiofrequency radiation is 100% SAFE.
- 30 NOV 16 New paper: When theory and observation collide: Can non-ionizing radiation cause cancer?
- Radiofrequency radiation injures trees around mobile phone base stations
- New Report on Long Term Exposures to Magnetic Fields
- Effects of electromagnetic radiation exposure on bone mineral density, thyroid, and oxidative stress index in electrical workers
- Effects of microwave radiation on brain energy metabolism and related mechanisms
- Exposure limits: the underestimation of absorbed cell phone radiation, especially in children
- Bone morphogenetic protein expression in newborn rat kidneys after prenatal exposure to radiofrequency radiation
- Letter from American Academy of Pediatrics regarding the Proposed Rule “Reassessment of Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields Limits and Policies”
- Exposure to extremely-low-frequency electromagnetic fields and radiofrequency radiation: cardiovascular effects in humans
- Joint Statement on Pregnancy and Wireless Radiation from The Baby Safe Project
- Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Radiation, Radio-waves, and Microwaves
- Effects Of Electromagnetic Radiation On Mitochondria
Radiofrequency radiation IS NOT 100% SAFE as EVIDENCED by the above links. THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR LITERALLY LIFETIMES.
"Non-ionizing radiation is found in a wide range of occupational settings and can pose a CONSIDERABLE HEALTH RISK to potentially exposed workers IF NOT PROPERLY CONTROLLED."
We have lost all common sense and logic when it comes to radiofrequency radiation.
For political contributions.
Judas sold Jesus out for 30 pieces of gold. YOU will be NO BETTER THAN JUDAS, selling the public out, for what?
"30 pieces of gold."
The NTP (National Toxicology Program) study shows an increase in tumors with exposure to radiofrequency radiation:
WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THIS? How many people MUST GET SICK and/or DIE from EXPOSURE to RADIOFREQUENCY RADIATION for you to LISTEN and NOT be SEDUCED by the MONEY?
Some people who have gone through chemotherapy are told by their medical doctors, "NO MORE RADIATION." WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT IS?
V2V technology *********IS MORE RADIATION.********* More radiation that will be nearly UNAVOIDABLE unless one becomes a hermit.
Some people will not be able to get NEAR new vehicles and ALL ROADS if V2V technology is mandated.
Some people will abandon driving or even ENTERING vehicles because of the dose of radiofrequency radiation they WILL RECEIVE if they DO.
I STRONGLY OPPOSE MANDATING V2V TECHNOLOGY. And given the facts I have presented, SO SHOULD YOU, lest you END UP LIKE JUDAS.
I REQUEST YOU MOVE TO ABANDON ALL MANDATED V2V TECHNOLOGY.'Wonder if they'll listen...