Saturday, November 26, 2016

National Institute on Disability - My Ability


Update December 21, 2016:  I've posted my revised comment here.

Below is my comment to the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR), Stakeholders Listening Session.  

Being sensitive to wireless technology and some electromagnetic fields is actually an ABILITY, because I'm ABLE to feel and hear what most people can not feel or hear.

Written comments must be submitted to the NIDILRR by December 12, 2016 for this Session.  

If you are sensitive to wireless technology and/or some electromagnetic fields, please submit a comment!  For more information about submitting your own comment, please see here.


~

To:  The National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research 

Re:  NIDILRR 2018-2023 Long-Range Plan - Stakeholder Listening Session


Question:  What issues (barriers) make it challenging for you to be an active member of your community?

Answer:  I have become extremely sensitive to, and thereby functionally impaired by, some electromagnetic fields including wireless technology (cell towers, antenna, WiFi, "smart"/wireless/advanced/electronic/non-analog public utility meters, and more).

My extreme sensitivity began after two new electronic AMR ERT natural gas public utility meters were installed at my home.  Because radiation is cumulative, I believe the continuous pulses of microwave radiofrequency radiation from the new meters triggered extreme sensitivity to radiofrequency radiation and other electromagnetic fields. 

The symptoms described in studies about myelin sheath damage are consistent with the symptoms I experienced after the new electronic utility meters were installed at my home.

Some Research:


Question:  What improvements (name the top one or two) would make your daily life better?

Answer:  The accommodations I want are (1) the choice to keep analog (non-electronic, also known as electromechanical) public utility meters without having to pay extra to do so, and (2) the availability of hospital rooms protected from wireless and other electromagnetic fields.

Question:  What has changed, for better or worse, in the last five years that has affected your ability to achieve your goals?

Answer:  Being forced to accept new electronic public utility meters as a condition for natural gas service has affected me for the worse in the last couple of years. 

In November of 2014, our natural gas company installed two new electronic AMR ERT natural gas meters at my home.  I was already avoiding wireless cell phones because of an adverse reaction I experienced from my first cell phone in 2013.  When the utility company installers told us the new meters only transmit one time per month, we did not consider that excessive, and allowed the installations.

Within a few months, though, I started experiencing some unusual and disturbing symptoms (rashes, muscle twitches, pain in my "phone ear" returned, joint and muscle pain, joint swelling, balance problems/vertigo, brain-fog, extreme insomnia, extreme fatigue, and more). 

When I contacted the utility company for more information about their new electronic meters, I received an email response from their Regional Operations Manager.  He told me the new meters send signals, not just once per month, as we were told by the installers, but over 450,000 times per month, or 10.67 signals per minute.  

We asked the utility company to remove the new electronic meters and reinstall the analog (non-electronic) meters.  They would not do that.  However, they did offer to remove the new electronic meters and completely disconnect our natural gas service.

We were not prepared to be without natural gas service, so we did not have the new meters removed.  Instead, we've shielded the meters with lead (to block the continuous pulses of radiofrequency radiation), and we turn electric breakers off at night (to reduce electromagnetic fields), which now enables me to sleep, and slowly recover from the symptoms I experienced.  

If we had not taken these measures, I would not be able to continue living in my own home.

From what I understand, by 2017 our electric company will also give us no choice but to accept electronic meters as a condition of electric service.  If we refuse the electric company's new electronic meters, the electric company may shut-off our (electricity).

This is why the #1 improvement that would make my daily life better is having analog (non-electronic) public utility meters as a choice. 

And if I were ever hospitalized in a WiFi saturated hospital room,  any reason I was in the hospital for would most likely become much worse due to the environment.    

Other Research:

Respectfully,

Jeanine Deal


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Radiofrequency Radiation Is Dangerous - It Could Kill You"

  Until about six year ago I had no idea there was a need for “safer technology.”  I’d been using computers ever since the 1970’s, though I ...