Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I Think I Voted

Image from here

"Good enough!" said the man at the ballot tally-machine after my ballot went into the machine and displayed one green light and one red light.

"Good enough?" I repeated with a tone of inquiry.

"Good enough," he confirmed.

I did not vote a straight ticket.  The ladies at the table beforehand told me it was okay to leave that section blank, so I did.  Instead, I choose individuals from various parties:  Green, Democratic, Libertarian, Working Class, U.S. Taxpayers, and Republican.  

Variety is the spice of life, right?


WARNING:  I'm about to give unsolicited advise, 
but only to those who've already decided 
they are NOT going to vote for the next US President...

Voting for a third-party presidential candidate will help third-parties reach 5% of the popular vote, which then qualifies them for public campaign funding assistance.

You know the old saying, "If we always do what we've always done, we'll keep on getting what we've always gotten."  And the two-party system has gotten us where we are today, which may be why some (you?) decided not to vote.   

How can we expect our government to change, unless WE change?  

We can begin with our vote, and look beyond the two-party system.  And give some of these third-party candidates a chance.  

I voted for at least one individual from all six-parties, not so much because I like the party, but because I like the person, who they are, where they've been, and what they stand for.  

I voted with my conscious.  I voted with my heart.  

Not for "the lesser of two-evils," and not necessarily to win.  

But to score.  

Hopefully. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Radiofrequency Radiation Is Dangerous - It Could Kill You"

  Until about six year ago I had no idea there was a need for “safer technology.”  I’d been using computers ever since the 1970’s, though I ...